LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – Here are some of the day’s top stories as you head out the door:
- The Army Corps of Engineers will begin opening the Morganza Spillway this weekend. Approval for the plan was granted on Monday.
- The Army Corps of Engineers is hosting two public meetings in areas that will likely be most impacted. The first is scheduled for tonight at the Butte la Rose Fire Station.
- Parts of the U.S. continue to get pelted with a mix of rain, storms, flooding, and tornadoes. Ohio was among the hardest hit overnight, as a large suspected tornado struck Dayton causing, extensive damage and road closures.
- Authorities say an 11-year-old boy has been charged in the unintentional shooting death of his 9-year-old brother in Baton Rouge over the weekend.
- One person was injured in a shooting at a Lafayette apartment complex Monday afternoon. Authorities are still searching for a suspect.
- St. Landry Parish fallen veterans remembered during a memorial ceremony at the Delta Grand in Opelousas. The program was entitled ‘We Must Never Forget’.
- A ribbon cutting ceremony is taking place today at a McDonald’s Bus Shelter on Evangeline Thruway for the ‘Adopt a Stop’ program. ‘Adopt a Stop’ is providing shelter for uncovered bus stops in Lafayette Parish. The ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m.
- LSU will host the NCAA baseball regional for the 26th time. The Tigers take on #4 seed Stony Brook at 6:00 p.m. Friday night.
- Warm, humid, and a bit breezy this morning across Acadiana with temps in the mid 70’s. Here’s a look at the current temperatures. Skies will be partly cloudy with a high in the lower 90’s for the afternoon. It will be breezy at times with the heat index expected to be around 96-102°! Rain chances will be at 20% through the day.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the News 10 app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now