Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s officials have arrested a fourth person in connection to the murder of Simone Robin. Robin’s body was found on June 9th in St. Landry Parish.
- Lafayette Police are investigating a shooting at an apartment complex that left a teenager injured yesterday afternoon. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers.
- Lafayette Parish Animal Control seized six dogs from a home were a dead pit bull was found. The owner hasn’t been arrested, but he faces charges of animal cruelty, failure to vaccinate, and sanitary conditions. Animal Control says he has until at 3:00 p.m. to remove the carcass or he will also get charged with disposal of animal carcass.
- The Youngsville Police Department confirms that around 15 vehicles in the past month have been broken into by the thieves shooting the windows out to get inside the cars. Police Chief Rickey Boudreaux says he will increase patrols at night, and is asking residents if they see something to say something.
- Funeral services for former Duson Police Chief, Frank Andrew, will be held Saturday at Kinchin Funeral Home Chapel in Lafayette. Visitation is begins at 8:00 a.m., followed by the funeral at 11:00.
- State lawmakers passed a bill to rescue children who age out of Louisiana Foster Care System with no high school diploma, no home and nowhere to go. Senate Bill 129 proposed by Senator Ryan Gatti expands the age from 18 to now 21-years old.
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama will be in New Orleans today as she kicks off the book tour for her upcoming memoir, titled “Becoming”.
- Cassie Doyle, a Lafayette High School and UL graduate wrote a movie that is being filmed in Lafayette right now. The Christmas Contract will air later this year on Lifetime.
- A very warm and humid morning with temps in the 70s for most of Acadiana. Skies will be partly cloudy with a high in the lower 90s along with a pop up storm during the afternoon.