Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- Lafayette Police are investigating a shooting that left a 23 year-old man dead in area apartment Thursday. A suspect has not been identified.
- Abbeville Police are searching for a New Iberia man wanted in connection with a deadly afternoon stabbing. Police consider Nicholas Wilson armed and extremely dangerous.
- A man and woman are dead following a murder suicide in Franklin Thursday. April Charles was shot to death by Kenneth Smith, Jr. Court records show Charles filed a protective order against Smith in 2016.
- St. Landry Parish is still taking on the funds that go with inmates that were transferred from Opelousas City Jail after it was shut down. Parish President Bill Fontenot says it costs $150 a day to keep the inmates in the parish jail.
- The Vermilion Parish School Board will meet today to discuss a civil lawsuit brought against board members by State Attorney General Jeff Landry following the arrest of teacher Deyshia Hargrave.
- One viewer reached out to news ten about a scammer who called her claiming to be with her computer security protection company. He asked her for her banking information saying she was to be issued a refund.
- CEO of New Vision Leadership of Acadiana, Erica Williams, will be honored with the State Farm Dream Achievers Award at the 2018 Essence Festival. During the award presentation, State Farm will air a commercial, highlighting new vision’s impact in Acadiana.
- Scattered showers and storms will be possible again today, mainly during the afternoon. Skies will be partly cloudy with a high in the 90s along with scattered storms.