Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- State Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting involving a Crowley Police Officer that happened over the weekend. It all stemmed from a deadly shooting early Sunday morning. Crowley Police are investigating the deadly shooting.
- An arrest has been made in connection to a shooting that left one person injured Thursday in Opelousas. The suspect has been charged with Attempted Second Degree Murder.
- Opelousas Police are still searching for a suspect following a Saturday afternoon shooting that sent one man to the hospital. Anyone with information should call the Opelousas Police Department.
- EPA violations at the Evangeline Downs training center in Carencro are causing it to close. All horses must be off the premises by August 15th.
- Tonight at 5:30, Districts 6 and 8 will hold a town hall on the proposed charter amendments at the Southside Regional Library. Citizens are encouraged to attend to view maps and better understand the proposal.
- President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland today. The meeting between the two leaders is expected to include a discussion about the role in the 2016 election meddling.
- Amazon Prime day starts today! This year’s savings event begins at 2:00 this afternoon our time and extends for 36 hours. Amazon is also promising to deliver one million deals for the first time.
- A very warm and very humid morning with temps in the 70s for most of Acadiana. Skies will be partly cloudy with a high in the mid 90s along with a few showers during the afternoon. The heat index will be around 102-108°.