The burn ban was originally issued for the entire state on Aug. 25 by the State Fire Marshal, and was modified on Sept. 29 to allow individual parishes to opt out.
This was the second time St. Landry has opted out. Previously, the parish decided to lift its ban immediately after the modification allowed it, but re-issued it after a large brush fire that started Oct. 4.
- LCA and STM get set to face off in the D2 Select State Title game on Saturday
- Family of beloved Iberia Middle School Principal Dina Bourque reflect on her life, impact
- Catholic BR beats Acadiana 55-31 in Division 1 Select State Football Championship
- Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’
- 3 seriously hurt after driver plows into Christmas parade crowd in California