A man was sent to the hospital Wednesday afternoon with second-degree burns to his arms and face after a propane tank exploded in the back of a pick-up truck, according to Scott fire officials.
It happened around 4 p.m. in the 200 block of Olive Vista Drive.
According to Fire Chief Chad Sonnier, after parking the truck earlier in the day, the owner did not notice that a propane bottle had fallen over and began to leak filling the truck with gas.
When the owner went to the vehicle around 4 p.m. and opened the door the trapped propane found an ignition source, causing the explosion.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment, Sonnier said.
His injuries are considered non-life threatening.