Man suffers second-degree burns to arms and face after propane tank explosion in Scott


A man was sent to the hospital Wednesday afternoon with second-degree burns to his arms and face after a propane tank exploded in the back of a pick-up truck, according to Scott fire officials.

It happened around 4 p.m. in the 200 block of Olive Vista Drive.

According to Fire Chief Chad Sonnier, after parking the truck earlier in the day, the owner did not notice that a propane bottle had fallen over and began to leak filling the truck with gas.

When the owner went to the vehicle around 4 p.m. and opened the door the trapped propane found an ignition source, causing the explosion.

The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment, Sonnier said. 

His injuries are considered non-life threatening.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Trending Stories