LAST UPDATED: 8/30/21, 5:20 p.m.
LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — The following is a list of closures and cancellations due to Tropical Storm Ida.
THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.
MONDAY, AUG. 30
- Acadia Parish schools will be closed. The system will update everyone Monday evening if there is a need to extend closure beyond Monday, but, at this time classes are planning to resume operations on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
- Calcasieu Parish public schools will be closed. Operations expected to resume on Tuesday.
- Iberia Parish schools will be closed. Faculty and staff are not to report to work on Monday. The district administration requests that all employees and parents monitor local news stations for alerts regarding the return date.
- Jeff Davis Parish schools will be closed. Provided areas have electricity and accessible Internet services, Monday will be a virtual learning day for all students through Google Classroom. All schools are prepared to handle device checkout for students who indicated a need for a device in case of emergency school shutdowns. Home Internet/Wifi access is required for device checkout as well as all signed device usage agreement/optional maintenance plan forms. Devices checked out by parents/students are expected to be returned when schools reopen.
- Lafayette Parish public schools will be closed. The SAT assessment scheduled to be held at Acadiana High School Saturday, Aug. 28 will still take place as planned. Schools will reopen Tuesday.
- St. Landry Parish schools will be closed Monday.
- St. Martin Parish public schools will be closed Monday.
- St. Mary Parish public schools will be closed Monday. Please visit www.stmaryk12.net for continued updates as we weather the storm.
- Vermilion Parish public schools will be closed.
- Acadiana Christian School in New Iberia will be closed. Officials say they will wait and see how the storm goes before making any decisions about Tuesday closures.
- Acadiana Renaissance Charter Academy in Youngsville will be closed
- All three campuses of Ascension Episcopal School will be closed on Monday
- Catholic High of New Iberia will be closed Monday.
- All Diocese of Lafayette Catholic schools will be closed Monday
- Epiphany Day School in New Iberia will be closed on Monday.
- Both campuses of Episcopal School of Acadiana will be closed Monday.
- First Baptist Christian School in Lafayette will be closed Monday.
- For My Child Learning Center in Lafayette will be closed Monday.
- LSU-Eunice will be closed on Monday. Normal operations are expected to resume on Tuesday.
- Lafayette Christian Academy will be closed. School will resume Tuesday.
- Northside Christian School in Crowley will be closed Monday.
- Our Mother of Peace Elementary School in Church Point will be closed.
- St. Landry Charter School will be closed Monday
- St. Thomas More will be closed on Monday.
- South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) will be closed. Continue to monitor college email, social media, and www.solacc.edu for any updates.
- Southern University’s Baton Rouge campuses will close today at 3 p.m. and remain closed on Monday, August 30. Campuses anticipate resuming normal operations on Tuesday, August 31. Campuses include Southern University and A&M College, Southern University Law Center, and Southern University Agricultural Research and Extension Center.
- UL Lafayette will be closed Monday for Hurricane Ida. More information will be announced later today. Students and employees should monitor their University email and official social media accounts.
- United Christian Academy in Lafayette will be closed
- V.B. Glencoe Charter School will be closed Monday. This will not be a virtual day as the school expects many families to be impacted by possible power outages. The board meeting scheduled for Monday is also canceled.
- Willow Charter Academy will be closed, but but students should complete assignments virtually if weather permits
- Williams Scholar Academy in Abbeville will be closed
- The 16th Judicial District Court in Iberia, St. Martin and St. Mary parishes will be closed Monday.
- All Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) clinics in Louisiana will be closed on Monday, Aug. 30. Live updates on clinic closures can be found at www.cardio.com/updates.
- Republic Services has suspended Monday garbage collection in Lafayette Parish. Collection will run one day behind for the rest of the week.
- Iberia Comprehensive Community Health Center and its satellite sites will be closed. Operations expected to resume on Tuesday.
- Iberia Council on Aging will be closed and meals will not be delivered
- Sugar ‘n Spice preschools will be closed at all four locations on Monday.
- Maurice Village Hall will be closed on Monday.
- City Court of Lafayette is canceling court sessions for Monday. The building will remain open. Full details available here.
- Waste Connections in Acadia, Iberia, St. Landry and Vermilion parishes will not provide garbage collection on Monday.
- Lafayette Transit System will not operate Monday.
- St. Martin Council on Aging will be closed on Monday. There will be no meal deliveries or transportation services. For emergency help or help with evacuation, please contact the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness at (337) 394-2800 or (337) 394-2812.
- City of Opelousas Offices will be closed on Monday. Essential personnel will be called and notified when they are to report to work after the storm passes. The City of Opelousas normal business hours should resume Tuesday
- VA Clinics in Jennings and Lafayette have canceled all appointments. They will be open at 12 p.m. noon for walk-ins.
- Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG) buildings and facilities will be closed on Monday.
- Arc of Acadiana Day Habilitation in all four parishes (Iberia, Vermilion, Lafayette, and St. Landry) will be closed Monday.
- Southwest Louisiana Primary Health Care Center Inc. (all sites) will be closed Monday, August 30.
TUESDAY, AUG. 31
- United Christian Academy in Lafayette closed.
- Vermilion Parish public schools will be closed.
- Williams Scholar Academy in Abbeville will be closed.
- Stephensville Elementary will be closed.
- St. Martin Parish schools besides Stephenville Elementary are open.
- Evangeline Parish schools are open.
- Iberia Parish schools are open.
- Iberia and St. Martin Parish court offices, court and clerk of court will be open.
- St. Mary Parish court offices, court and clerk of court will be closed.
- South Louisiana Community College will reopen all of its campuses, except for the Young Memorial Campus and the Marine & Petroleum Safety Training Center in Morgan City, which will remain closed.
- Diocese of Lafayette schools will be open except for four schools. St. John in Franklin, Hanson Memorial in Franklin, Maltrait in Kaplan, & Vermilion Catholic in Abbeville will be closed.
These state facilities will remain closed until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 31:
State Parks Closing:
- Bayou Segnette State Park; Westwego
- Bogue Chitto State Park; Franklinton
- Chicot State Park; Ville Platte
- Cypremort Point State Park; Cypremort Point
- Fairview-Riverside State Park; Madisonville
- Fontainebleau State Park; Mandeville
- Grand Isle State Park; Grand Isle
- Lake Fausse Point State Park; St. Martinville
- Palmetto Island State Park; Abbeville
- St. Bernard State Park; Braithwaite
- Tickfaw State Park; Springfield
State Historic Sites Closing:
- Audubon State Historic Site; St. Francisville
- Centenary State Historic Site; Jackson
- Locust Grove State Historic Site; St. Francisville
- Longfellow-Evangeline State Historic Site; St. Martinville
- Port Hudson State Historic Site; Jackson
- Rosedown State Historic Site; St. Francisville
Suspended emergency services:
The following fire departments in Terrebonne Parish have been suspended until further notice due to weather conditions:
- Bayou Black Fire Dept.
- Houma Fire Department
- Coteau Fire Dept.
- Little Caillou Fire Dept.
- Dularge Fire Dept.
- Grand Caillou Fire Dept.
- Village East Fire Dept.
- Bourg Fire Dept. and
- Montegut Fire Dept.
The Bayou Cane Fire Department can only respond to fire alarms. Also, Acadian Ambulance has suspended service