Festival International 2019 will take place from April 24-28. The Lafayette Police Department is reminding the public of a few safety tips and prohibited acts to assure a safe and family-friendly environment during a festival experience.
· All normal parking regulations apply during the festival week that is not in the festival area
· Please observe the closure of some roadways within the festival area
· Observe all special event parking signs near the festival area
· Free shuttle that runs from Cajun Field to downtown Lafayette is available
To know more about Parking click here.
Please notice: The public parking lot has relocated this year to Cajun Field, where the facility (not Festival) will be charging a parking fee
*For additional parking information visit the Festival International website at https://festivalinternational.org/
· Do not leave children unattended
· Decide in advance on a meeting place in case anyone gets lost within your group
· Notify police of a missing child immediately
· Carts, pets, glass, personal tents, metal poles, shade canopies, beach or pole-style umbrellas, are not allowed
· Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space is not allowed
· Weapons, illicit drugs, and other contraband are strictly prohibited
· Ice chests or coolers
· Animals are not allowed in the festival area
*They also want to remind the public that “Flash Mob” style disturbances or any deliberate acts that cause fear and chaos in a crowd are dangerous to the public and costly to our businesses. These types of criminal acts will be investigated by the Lafayette Police Department with vigor and to the fullest extent. Individuals found participating in such acts will be arrested for the appropriate offense.
Remember to drink responsibly, designate a driver if you intend to drink, by not doing so, it could result in costly fines and serious jail time.