UPDATE: 08/30/22 4:20 P.M.: Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier has confirmed that a fire, Monday night, inside a butler building at Acadiana High School, was caused by an electrical malfunction from a window unit.

SCOTT, La. (KLFY) — Multiple fire crews on scene of a fire at Acadiana High School Monday night.

According to Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier, the fire started around 8 p.m. inside a butler building that is stationed on the campus.

He said no students or staff were on campus at the time of the fire, and that firefighters are working to determine a cause.

Acadiana High School will be open Tuesday.

According to the Lafayette Parish School System, there was no damage to any additional buildings and say classes in and around the portable building will be moved to another location.