(KLFY) – With the possibility of heavy rainfall this week, sandbags are available at several locations across Acadiana.
According to the Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG), all locations will be self-bagging, and residents must bring their own manpower. Sandbags are limited to four per exterior door and a maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
- North District site at 400 Dugas Rd. (located off North University Avenue)
- Picard Park at 130 Park Lane
- Residents who need assistance at either of the above locations should call LCG Public Works Dispatch at (337) 291-8517.
- City Hall at 310 E. Main St. (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Blvd. and Myette Point St.)
- Broadview Drive (next to Broussard Community Center)
- Community Center at 5115 N. University Ave. (behind Community Center)
- Duson Park at South A St. – currently closed but will open as needed.
- Public Works Department at 116 Lions Club Rd. – Scott residents should first call City Hall to find out if the site is open.
- 333 S Larriviere Rd. – currently closed but will open as needed.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
- Sandbags are available behind the Yambilee Building (1939 W. Landry Street (US 190), Opelousas) if needed. The bags are filled and ready for pickup.
- B.O.M Fire Station
- Grand Marais
- Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Delcambre water tower
- Loreauville City Park
- Lydia Fire Station
- Jeanerette at Fire Department
- Rynella Fire Department
Shovels will not be provided and residents should expect to fill their own sandbags.