UPDATE, 10/25, 8:30 a.m.: The Lafayette Police Department said they arrested one subject in connection with the shooting. The suspect has been identified as Damarion Roy, 18, of Carencro. Roy has been booked into Lafayette Parish jail and charged with one count of attempted second degree murder.
ORIGINAL STORY: LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — A man is in critical condition at a local hospital after an overnight shooting in Lafayette, authorities said.
Lafayette Police said officers responded to a shooting in progress at around 12:14 a.m. in the 100 block of Rick’s Road, off of W. Gloria Switch Road. Officers said they found one male victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries and is listed in critical condition.
Investigators are on scene and working this incident, police said. If anyone with information in regards to this incident please call the Lafayette Police or Lafayette Crime Stoppers at 232-TIPS.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Border and immigration: Where Republican candidates stand
- 5th Circuit orders Texas to remove buoys from Rio Grande
- Inmate stabbed Derek Chauvin 22 times, charged with attempted murder, prosecutors say
- Jussie Smollett conviction upheld by appeals court
- What is the ‘card draining’ scam? Beware ahead of holidays