LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – A 94-year-old Lafayette woman who survived a house fire needs your help.

Anne Cooke lost everything in the fire on North Pierce Street Tuesday morning, including her two cats.

“The only clothes I have are on my back, my nightgown,” Cooke says.

Her life has been changed forever now that her beloved fur babies perished in the blaze.

“I tried to even help the cats, but I would have been burned with the cats,” she said. “It was too much”

Cooke said she was inside watching TV when she saw the fire creeping up a wall.  She says it was about 7 a.m.

“I picked up the phone,” she said. “I was going to call the fire department, but I said no if I wait any longer the fire was going to hit my gown and my body.  It would have burned me up.  I ran on the porch in my nightgown and all.  That’s it, and I asked for help.”

Cooke’s cry for help did not go unnoticed.  A neighbor helped her off the porch and into another neighbor’s home where she waited for firefighters to put out the fire.

The fire has been ruled an accident.  Fire officials say it originated in the living room from an electrical malfunction in an outlet.

To help Ms. Cook during her time of need, please consider donating to her GoFundMe.