UPDATE, 11/6/23, 9:15 a.m.: Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the robbery, according to LPD.
Jermaine Clay, 40, of Breaux Bridge, has been charged with one count of principal to simple robbery. Daquaylon Williams, 22, of Breaux Bridge, has been charged with simple robbery. Both were arrested without incident and booked into Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.
The investigation is still ongoing, police said.
ORIGINAL STORY: LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Lafayette Police are looking for two suspects in connection with a robbery at an ATM this morning, authorities said.
The Lafayette Police Department responded at 10:25 a.m. to a report of a robbery in progress at to the Capitol One bank at 4416 Ambassador Caffery Parkway. Police said a technician conducting maintenance on an ATM at the location was approached by two unarmed males. The two suspects then robbed the ATM of an undisclosed amount of money and fled the scene.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department or Lafayette Crime Stoppers at (337) 232-TIPS (8477). You can also contact Lafayette Crime Stoppers by downloading the P3 TIPS Mobile App or by dialing **TIPS (**8477) on your mobile device. All callers remain anonymous.
- Colder mornings, sunny and cool afternoons
- WATCH: Ship crosses paths with world’s largest iceberg as it drifts out of Antarctica
- Spending deal that helped sink McCarthy sees new hope as conservatives ease up
- Clock ticks down on Ukraine aid as Senate border talks falter
- Handcuffed and sent to the ER: Schools send more kids to the hospital for misbehavior