SCOTT, La. (KLFY) — While nobody won the Powerball jackpot from Wednesday’s drawing, one big winning ticket was sold in Acadiana.
According to the Louisiana Lottery, a ticket worth $100,000 was bought from NuNu’s Market at 1410 St. Mary St. in Scott. The winner purchased one ticket matching 4 of the 5 numbers plus the Powerball number, with the Power Play option.
The windfall is the third straight in Acadiana, as $100,000 winners were sold locally for the two previous drawings, one in Lafayette for the drawing Sept. 30 and the other in St. Martinville for the Oct. 2 drawing.
The Powerball jackpot climbed to an estimated $1.4 billion after no players matched all six numbers and hit it rich Wednesday night. The drawing for that prize will take place on Saturday.
- Family fighting over inheritance from sale of T. rex remains
- Resident frustrated with constant car break-ins in Cecilia
- Democrats won’t bail out Santos this time around, sending grim sign about fate in House
- NASCAR reaches $7.7B deal with streaming platforms, major networks
- Footlong cookies are coming to Subway restaurants nationwide