LAFAYETTE, La. (The Advertiser)- The list of priests accused of sexual abuse while serving in the Lafayette diocese is expected to be released soon, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette said Friday.
The diocese received a report from the committee in charge of assembling the list last week, said spokeswoman Blue Rolfes.
“Getting close to releasing it,” Rolfes said in a brief phone interview last week, although she offered no specific timeline.
The Lafayette diocese is one of two in the state that have not yet released a comprehensive list of priests who had credible complaints of sexual abuse made against them. The Diocese of Lake Charles is the other. The state’s four other dioceses have released their information.