Kitchen fire causes heavy damage in Lafayette apartment complex

Local

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- A Lafayette apartment complex is now vacant after a fire on Wednesday.
Crews were called out to the blaze in the 200 block of Cougar Ridge Wednesday afternoon around 2:30 p.m.

Firefighters extinguished the flames, but because of heavy fire and water damage, the entire eight-unit complex had to be evacuated.

Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen of one of the units, where a pot was left unattended.
Lafayette Fire Department spokesman Alton Trahan says this is the second fire this week that started from an unattended pot on the stove.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Sidebar