NEW IBERIA, La. (KLFY) — A juvenile received a non-life-threatening gunshot wound after accidentally shooting himself while playing with a gun.
At approximately 5 p.m., officers with the New Iberia Police Department said they responded to a shooting on Park Avenue. Upon arrival, they said a juvenile was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
He was taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Captain Leland Laseter with the New Iberia Police Department says the investigation is still active.
“Upon conducting a further investigation, officers concluded that the individual was actually playing with a firearm and accidentally shot himself,” said Laseter.
Authorities say the juvenile could be facing charges pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Acadiana Kidcaster- Lucas Dupuis Jr.
- 5 takeaways on McCarthy’s exit from Congress
- LCA and STM get set to face off in the D2 Select State Title game on Saturday
- Family of beloved Iberia Middle School Principal Dina Bourque reflect on her life, impact
- Catholic BR beats Acadiana 55-31 in Division 1 Select State Football Championship