An Iberia Parish man is now behind bars after deputies found illegal drugs and firearms while executing a search warrant on his home.
According to Major Ryan Turner, the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Special Investigative Unit executed the search warrant at the 2300 block of Apache Street in Iberia Parish at approximately 5:12 pm Tuesday evening in reference to the alleged sale of narcotics from the residence.
Deputies were able to arrest Seth Derouen, 27, without incident as he exited the home.
Derouen was booked into the Iberia Parish Jail on multiple charges, including:
- Possession with intent to distribute Methamphetamine
- Possession with intent to distribute Anabolic Steroids
- Possession with intent to distribute Marijuana 2nd or subsequent offense (marijuana)
- Possession of controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a juvenile
- Possession of controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a firearm
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Monies derived from the sales of narcotics
This case remains under investigation.