Good morning everyone! Hope you’re having a great week so far. Here’s this mornng’s top headlines:
- Tuesday the Lafayette city-parish council voted to ignore the Attorney General’s opinion on the Home Rule Charter, that a re-vote is necessary…some fear a lawsuit could be coming.
- The Attorney General responds to a state senator by saying the LCG Charter fix can not be made by ordinance. Senator Hensgens says he requested the AG’s opinion so the council can make an informed decision.
- Sunset police have confirmed that Walter Savoie Junior the suspect who was arrested in Monday’s deadly shooting here on East Martin Luther King Junior Drive was arrested 16 times before.
- A historic church in Port Barre that was built in the 1800s, has burned down. Officials are now investigating the cause of the fire.
- Rouses Markets is opening its new store in New Iberia today. Doors open at 7 and a ribbon cutting will be held at 9. The store is located on east Admiral Doyle drive.