- 63 accused child predators were arrested statewide in April and May under Operation Broken Heart. Their arrests mark the latest in a multi-agency quest to nab sex offenders online.
- If you suspect a child is being harmed or sexually abused, report it to law enforcement immediately. Hearts of Hope also has a 24-hour emergency crisis line. That number is (337) 233-7273.
- Police are still searching for the suspect who attacked a woman in the parking lot near Michael’s. Police have released a picture of the truck believed to be involved.
- Lafayette police are continuing to investigate a robbery that took place Friday in the 5600 block of Johnston street. Police recommend avoiding carrying a shoulder purse and try to keep your hands free of anything.
- Crime Stoppers of Saint Landry parish are warning people to be on the lookout for a suspicious white van. A woman claims the vans occupants pointed a gun at her to get her to pullover.
- President Trump approved new financial sanctions aimed at Iran’s supreme leader. The measure also targets 8 Iranian military commanders and Iran’s foreign minister.
- Former army Staff Sergeant David Bellavia will become the first living Iraq war veteran to receive the Medal of Honor. President Trump will present him with the medal today.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the News 10 app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now