Louisiana State Police Detectives with the insurance fraud/auto theft unit today announced the arrest of five individuals from Evangeline Parish on violations of Louisiana insurance fraud laws.
The staged crash involved five adults and three children between the ages of 9 and 15 occurred in December, 2015.
The goal of the staged crash was to generate fraudulent insurance claims for intentionally damaged property and fake bodily injuries, police said.
At the conclusion of the investigation, State Police Detectives obtained arrest warrants on charges of insurance fraud, filing a false police report, and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
On Monday, detectives arrested the following suspects and booked them into the Evangeline Parish Jail:
– Winston Dupre (66 yoa from Pollock, LA) – Insurance Fraud, Filing False Public Records
– Sheba Williams (32 yoa from Opelousas, LA) – Insurance Fraud, Filing False Public Records and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Juvenile (2counts)
– Lucinda Williams (26 yoa from Ville Platte, LA) – Insurance Fraud
– Delores Bias (24 yoa from Eunice, LA) – Insurance Fraud
– Melanie Malveaux (36 yoa from Mamou, LA) – Insurance Fraud, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Juvenile