MAMOU, La. (KLFY) — Mamou Police are looking for an inmate that escaped Mamou Jail Tuesday morning.
Dorian Thomas, an inmate in the Mamou Jail, escaped the jail Tuesday morning, according to the Mamou Police Department. Mamou Police consider Thomas to be armed and dangerous.
Thomas is a Black male, approximately five foot seven inches and weighs 145 pounds. He has brown eyes, black hair and multiple tattoos. Authorities say he was wearing and orange shirt and gray sweat pants at the time he escaped.
News 10 spoke with the Mamou Police Chief Charles “Pat” hall about the escaped inmate.
“He was seen to a shift change and it is morning when they wake him for work call. He wasn’t there, so we couldn’t locate him,” said Hall. “We started again combing through some video, talking to them, trying to figure out what’s going on. Why would he leave, and where he went?”
Hall advised people on what to do if they spot Thomas.
“Well if they spot him, my advice is don’t be a hero and end up a zero. Let us know and let the people that are trained to deal with him. Don’t be a hero and go try and take him down and you get hurt, and we got more casualties than what we should have,” Hall explained.
If you see or have seen him, please contact the Mamou Police Department at 337-468-5221.
- Body found in Rayne; authorities investigating
- American tourist killed in shark attack in Bahamas, police say
- Ville Platte high school basketball team dedicates championship to fallen teammate
- 19-year-old arrested in Jennings for assaulting deputies and other charges
- White House urges Congress to act quickly on Ukraine aid