EUNICE, La. (KLFY) – A motorcycle crash Tuesday night left a Mamou man dead.
According to the Louisiana State Police, Troop I was notified of a single-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday night on Hwy. 104 near Eunice.
The initial investigation revealed a Honda Shadow motorcycle was traveling west on Hwy. 104 when it ran off the roadway and into a ditch. The driver, Russell John Armond Sr., 64 of Mamou, was ejected from the motorcycle. Despite wearing a helmet, Armond suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead by the Evangeline Parish Coroner’s Office.
Impairment is unknown, and a toxicology sample was submitted for analysis.
- LCA and STM get set to face off in the D2 Select State Title game on Saturday
- Family of beloved Iberia Middle School Principal Dina Bourque reflect on her life, impact
- Catholic BR beats Acadiana 55-31 in Division 1 Select State Football Championship
- Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’
- 3 seriously hurt after driver plows into Christmas parade crowd in California