If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, entrance at some of the best of the area’s science, art, and history museums will be free.
The Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day is this Saturday (Sept. 22), and visitors can get in free at any of the eight (8) participating museums in the Acadiana area.
You must first download one ticket per email address, which grants access to a pre-selected museum for up to two visitors.
The museums in the Acadiana area are:
- Acadian Memorial and Museum, St. Martinville
- African American Museum, St. Martinville
- Bayou Teche Museum, New Iberia
- Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum, Lafayette
- Shadows on the Teche, New Iberia
- Vermilionville Living History Museum & Folklife Park, Lafayette
- Wedell-Williams Aviation and Cypress Sawmill Museum, Patterson
- Zigler Art Museum, Jennings
Visit the Smithsonian magazine website for the full national list, to generate a ticket, and find Saturday’s hours of operation for each museum.