Dog rescued from Scott apartment fire


The Scott Fire Department responded to a blaze at an apartment complex late Tuesday morning.

First responders were called to the Ille des Cannes apartment complex for a fire on Berlin Street around 11:45 a.m.

They arrived and found smoke filling the kitchen and living room of a downstairs apartment.

Fire Chief Chad Sonnier tells News Ten that a dog was rescued after they found it inside a kennel in the living room.

An unattended pot was also found on the kitchen stove.

Sonnier says no injuries were reported – including the dog – and the apartment received only minimal damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Trending Stories