(KLFY) — Severe weather is possible on Tuesday, March 22 with a storm system moving through the Acadiana area in the morning or early afternoon. Some schools have already canceled in anticipation of poor weather conditions.
Louisiana Registrar of Voters offices are closed today, March 22, in Acadia, Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jeff Davis, Lafayette, Pointe Coupee, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Vermilion and West Baton Rouge parishes.
Lafayette Consolidated Government (LCG)’s Department of Traffic, Roads, and Bridges Transit Division will suspend services from 11 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Transit services are planned to resume at 2:45 p.m.
- Lafayette Parish:
- Lafayette Parish School System offices and facilties will be closed
- Willow Charter Academy in Lafayette will be closed
- Acadiana Renaissance Charter Academy in Youngsville will be closed
- Lafayette Renaissance Charter Academy in Lafayette will be closed
- Episcopal School of Acadiana will close both locations
- John Paul the Great Academy in Lafayette will be closed
- United Christian Academy in Carencro will be closed
- First Baptist Christian School in Downtown Lafayette will be closed
- JCFA-Lafayette will be closed
- UL-Lafayette will be closed.
- Acadia Parish Schools will be closed
- Calcasieu Parish Schools will be closed
- Evangeline Parish School District will be closed
- Iberia Parish:
- Jefferson Davis Parish Schools will be closed
- St. Landry Parish:
- St. Martin Parish Schools System will be closed. 12-month employees will report to work and be dismissed at 11 a.m.
- St. Mary Parish schools will be closed
- Sugar and Spice Children’s Academy will close ALL four locations
- Vermilion Parish Schools will be closed
We will continue to update this post with more information as it becomes available.