LOUISIANA, August 1, 2018 – Today, Burlington Stores, a national off-price retailer with seven stores in the state of Louisiana, announced that it will cover the 3 percent Louisiana state sales tax on behalf of all its customers on purchases made in its stores on August 3rd and 4th.
This comes on the heels of the statewide announcement to end Louisiana’s tax-free weekends, including what has become known as the ‘back-to-school tax-free holiday weekend.’
“Upon learning the recent news, Burlington quickly decided to cover the 3% sales tax on all its customer purchases in stores to ensure that its Louisiana customers could still take advantage of this savings during the popular back-to-school shopping time period,” the company said.
Burlington’s Louisiana store locations below:
· Shreveport: 1239 Shreveport Barksdale Hwy & 8924 Jewella Road
· Baton Rouge: 9632 Airline Highway
· Kenner: 3324 Williams Blvd
· Harvey: 900 Manhattan Blvd
· Alexandria: 3437 Masonic Drive
· Lafayette: 3300 Ambassador Caffery Parkway