During an undercover narcotics operation in reference to a suspected drug dealer, St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office narcitics agents were able to purchase marijuana and subsequently arrested Kyle Jean-Batiste, 31, of Breaux Bridge. Jean-Batiste is also a convicted felon, authorities said.
Upon further investigation, agents also recovered additional drugs at his residence, which was located in three separate drug free zones in the 400 block of Ninth Street in Breaux Bridge.
A total of approximately 947 grams (two pounds) of suspected marijuana, a handgun with obliterated serial numbers, amphetamine tablets,and hydrocodone were located inside the home. Agents also discovered some of the marijuana packaged for sale, along with additional packaging materials.
A vehicle was also seized during the investigation, after it was discovered to have been utilized to deliver and facilitate the sale of marijuana.
Jean-Batiste was arrested and charged as follows:
- La.R.S. 40:966A(1) Distribution of Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- La.R.S. 40:967C Possession of Schedule II CDS (Amphetamine)
- La.R.S. 40:968C Possession of Schedule III CDS (Hydrocodone)
- La.R.S. 40:981.3 Violation of uniform CDS law; drug free zone (3 counts)
- La.R.S. 14:95E Possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS
- La.R.S. 14:95.1 Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of certain felonies
- La.R.S. 14:95.7 Possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers
- La.R.S. 14:26 Criminal Conspiracy
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center.