Blown transformer causes fire, power outage in rural St. Mary Parish

Local
Fire_1533094663642.PNG

A blown transformer has caused a brush fire in rural St. Mary Parish and has left many residents in the neighborhood without power Tuesday evening.

The incident happened on Cypremort Rd and Jacob Lane, according to Fire Chief Clarence Clark. 

All homes off Big Four Corners, and Cypremort Rd are without power, Clark said. 

Fire crews are on the scene.

No word on when power would be restored. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Trending Stories

Sidebar