This is a developing list. If you have a School Supply Drive or Back to School Giveaway you would like to add to the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Pack the Backpack’: The Gifting Grace Project’s goal is to collect and donate 500 backpacks to help homeless children in Acadiana. The Gifting Grace Project needs Acadiana’s help setting up Donation Drop-Off spots. Spots can be through your Bible Study Group, Office, Coffee Club, Gym, etc. and donate the items to Gifting Grace Project. You can also help by donating. The price to fill one backpack is $40.
- SWLA Back to School Supply Giveaway: SWLA Center for Health Services will be partnering with Aetna, Better Health of Louisiana, Saturday, July 30th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will be at the SWLA Center, 500 Patterson St. Each child will receive a variety of FREE school supplies
- ‘Stuff the Bus’: Throughout the month of July, United Way of Acadiana will be accepting school supply donations. There is a list of drop-off locations provided on their website, as well as a form to apply for your business to be a drop-off location.
- Louisiana Bayou Ballers School Supply Drive: This giveaway will be July 30 at Thomas Park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations are being accepted on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Thomas Park between 6:15 and 7:30 p.m. outside at the basketball courts and Saturday inside the gym from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Any questions about donations or to sponsor, call Coach Kevin or the Director Jasmine at (337)-693-1632 or (337)-693-1623.
- Mable’s Table 7th Annual Backpack Project: On August 3 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Grace Presbyterian Church Mable’s Table will be trying to stuff 300 backpacks. This is a volunteer event. Volunteers are invited to come and help. The organization is also accepting monetary donations and school supplies.
- Thursday Night Live Back to School Bash: Thursday July 28, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., New Day Community Outreach will be giving away free backpacks, both school and personal supplies will be given while supplies last. Limited amount of free hair cuts, braids and basic hairstyles will also be provided also! This will take place at Faith to Faith Church of the City.
- Lafayette Community Fridge School Supply Drive: Lafayette Community Fridge will be accepting all basic school supply items at Taco Sisters daily and Saturdays at Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market until August 11th. Financial donations can be sent as well. Venmo: LafayetteCommunityFridge Cashapp: $LafCommunityFridge
- Good Fight Foundation School Supply Drive: At the Service Cadillac Chevrolet from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, the Good Fight Foundation will be doing a backpack giveaway. The event is first come, first served with a maximum of 3 backpacks per car.
- Lafayette City Marshall 2nd Annual Backpack Giveaway: Lafayette City Marshall will have 600+ mesh backpacks to giveaway at Destiny of Faith Church at 9 a.m. on August 6. Student must be present to receive a backpack.
- Gordon McKernan Injury Attorney Backpack Giveaway: At select Gordon McKernan Injury offices across Louisiana, there will be a backpack giveaway on August 3 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supplies last. The Lafayette location is 2505 Verot School Road. The giveaway is for K-5 students. They must be present to receive a bag. 3 backpack maximum per household.
- Kiwanis Back 2 School Free Kuts for Kids: On August 7 from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Crew will be offering free haircuts for kids as well as accepting donations for the Comfort Closet to benefit Carencro Schools. This event will be at the Carencro Community. Note: please arrive with washed hair, there will be no access to shampoo bowls
- SWLA Back to School Giveaway: On Tuesday July 26, SWLA will also be hosting a giveaway in Crowley at the Empowering the Community for Excellence Center at 304 W. Hutchinson Ave from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Back to School Readiness Seminar & Backpack Giveaway: At the Martin Luther King Center Pavilion in Crowley there will be an event, prioritizing high school students, to give away backpacks filled with school supplies. This event will also provide students with tips for a successful school year. It will take place on August 19 at 6 p.m.
St. Landry Parish
- Elbert Guillory’s School Supply Drive: August 6 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 633 E. Landry St. All students who receive a pack will be automatically entered in a raffle for a free tablet.
St. Martin Parish
- 2nd Annual Back to School Drive/ Black-pot Cookoff: July 30 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. there will be a drawing for donated school supplies on the day of the event to donate to schools in the area. Donations will be accepted until 4 p.m. Black-pot entry is $30. Cook-off spots will de designated once money is paid. Contact Kevin (337-706-2627) or Jeremy Carmouche (Facebook) for spot reservations. Registration fee for cook spots will be taken up until 10 a.m. on event day. Food preparation has to be done at event.
- 1st annual Kaplan School Supply Drive: July 23 at Dr. Padmini Gupta Park & Splash Pad from noon to 5 p.m. Visionary for the drive in Kaplan. You can contact organizer, Narcissa Randolph directly at (337)-704-8190 or search “School Supply Drive in Kaplan” on GoFundMe or on Facebook to donate.