With exactly two weeks until Christmas, many of you are probably receiving packages for a lof the gifts you’ve ordered. As the year’s busiest shopping season kicks into high gear, we want to remind everyone that it is also prime season for porch pirates.
Thieves are looking to ruin your holidays by trying to get their hands on your presents before you do ans snatching them right off your front porch.
Louisiana State Attorney General Jeff Landry advises the public to take preventative measures to reduce the risk of becoming a victim.
– Ship packages to places of work or use ship-to-store option. These allow for the packages to be picked up not left unsecured on house porches.
– Sign up for delivery alerts. This informs consumers when deliveries are scheduled and delivered.
– Ask trusted neighbors to hold packages if not able to be home for deliveries.
– Require signatures for all deliveries possible.
– Be good neighbors and look out for each other. If package is at neighbors’ doorstep, call them and ask if they would like it held until they are home.