(LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- Lafayette Fire Department officials determined the apartment fire this afternoon originated in the kitchen of one of the apartments on 500 block of Loire Avenue.
The cause of the fire was an unattended pot of grease.
The fire caused heavy fire damage to two apartments, LPD spokesman Alton Trahan.
The other two units sustained heavy smoke and water damage.
All occupants, approximately 13, were displaced as a result of the fire. American Red Cross was notified to assist the occupants.