Official identification and cause of death are still pending. The woman was found near the rear door of the residence in the 400 block of S. Broadway St. shortly after 6:45 a.m.
Investigators believe the fire began in the den of the home. The cause of the fire remains unknown at this point, though it is possible an electrical malfunction related to home wiring and/or improper use of extension cords to power space heaters could be the culprit. In addition, an unattended candle could have also contributed to the fire.
ORIGINAL POST: CHURCH POINT, La. (KLFY) — A woman was found dead Wednesday morning after a house fire in Church Point, according to the Louisiana Office of State Fire Marshal.
State Fire Marshal deputies were called to a house fire in the 400 block of S. Broadway in Church Point at around 7 a.m. Wednesday morning.
A female victim was discovered inside the home.
This fire is still under investigation, and further details will be posted as they become available.