RAYNE, La. (KLFY) — Five people were arrested after Rayne police said they vandalized a rehab center Friday night.
Authorities said police responded at approximately 10 p.m. Friday to a report of suspicious activity at the former location of Rayne-Branch Hospital, now known as the Hope Recovery Center, located at the 300 block of South Bradford Street.
Officers arrested five suspects, who were charged with unauthorized entry of a place of business, which is a felony. All five were booked into the Acadia Parish Jail where they posted a $1,500 bond each the following morning.
The five individuals charged in the incident were:
- Logan Joseph Alger, 19, of Rayne
- Kennedy Cade Castille, 19, of Rayne
- Brett Joseph Lorenz, 18, of Carencro
- Gentry Michael Mouton, 18, of Scott
- Drey Michael Olivera Chamizo, 18, Rayne
Investigation into the incident is ongoing, police said.
- Santos’s fate hangs in limbo as expulsion vote nears
- The Memo: Trump’s blast at MSNBC — empty threat or real danger?
- Heavy rain overnight, another round of storms possible this evening
- Five takeaways from the fiery DeSantis-Newsom debate on Fox
- Grand Coteau police officer threatens lawsuit after termination, placed on administrative leave