LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – Sandbags can be found at the following locations around Acadiana.
Follow this link for a list of road closures: Road Closure (Public View) (arcgis.com)
LAFAYETTE CITY AND PARISH SANDBAG LOCATIONS
- North District site at 400 Dugas Road (located off North University Avenue)
- Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville (Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower)
Assistance for the elderly is available at both the above locations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Thursday, May 20.
Bags Per Household
- Please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door.
- Maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
MUNICIPALITY SANDBAG LOCATIONS
- City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
- Broadview Drive (by Broussard Community Center)
Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower. Sandbag stations are open until the threat of heavy rain has passed.
- Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center) (Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower._
- Duson Park at South A Street (Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower.)
- Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville (Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower.)
- B.O.M. Fire Station
- Grand Marais Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Delcambre City Barn
- Loreauville Park
- Jeanerette Fire Station
- Lydia Fire Station
- Rynella Fire Department
Shovels will not be provided, and residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags. For more information, call (337) 364-8474.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
- Yambilee Building and City Barn
ST. MARTIN PARISH
Self-serve sandbag locations are available at the following locations until further notice. Please limit the number of bags to 25 bags per vehicle. It takes only six bags to secure a doorway.
- Lower St. Martin Parish — Stephensville Park, 3257 La. 70, Morgan City.
- South Barn — 1011 Capritto Forty Arpent Road
- Paul Angelle Park – -2458 Cecilia Sr. High School Road
- Ruth Bridge Barn — 1035 Ruth Bridge Hwy.
- Clayton Boudreaux Memorial Park — 1028 Catahoula Hwy.
- Coteau Holmes — 1814 Coteau Holmes Hwy.
Additionally, a No Wake Zone has been declared for Lower St. Martin Parish (Stephensville-Belle River) until further notice. If you need further assistance, or to report flood damage, please call the St. Martin Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (337) 394-2808.
- Vermilion Parish County Agent/LSU Ag Center — 1105 West Port St., Abbeville, (337) 898-4335.
- Area 1 Barn — 13115 Mack Switch Rd., Erath, (337) 937-5668.
- Area 2 Barn — 12002 Calvin LeBouef Rd., Abbeville, (337) 893-6190.
- Area 3 Barn — 29429 Veterans Memorial Dr., Gueydan, (337) 596-6930.
- Area 4 Barn — 13531 Gladu Rd., Kaplan, (337) 893-8962
Vermilion residents must bring their own shovels and fill their own bags.