SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Trump’s pitch to voters: Trust me, economy will soar in 2021
- Fugitive may be hiding in NC mountains
- Japanese pro-wrestler in popular reality show dies at 22
- Dr. Maggard hopes July will bring more answers about fall sports season
- Youth baseball returns to Acadiana