YOUNGSVILLE, La. (KLFY) — Ochsner Lafayette General will hold a COVID-19 vaccination event at the Youngsville Sports Complex on Savoy Rd. on Friday, March 5.
The event will be held from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will feature the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen single-dose vaccine by appointment only. No walk-ups will be accepted.
To schedule an appointment, go to ochsnerlg.org/mycovidvaccine.
Currently, the vaccine is available free of charge only to those who qualify under the Louisiana Department of Health’s guidelines. To see if you qualify, visit ochsnerlg.org/vaccine.
Vaccination available only for those in the current eligibility group:
- Persons 65 years of age or older
- Dialysis patients
- Persons 55-64 years with at least one of the following conditions: Cancer, Chronic kidney disease, COPD, Down Syndrome, Heart Conditions, Immunocompromised from solid organ transplant, Obesity, Severe Obesity, Sickle Cell Disease, Smoking, Type 2 Diabetes
- All pregnant persons regardless of age
- Teachers and Support staff working onsite at K-12 schools or daycares
- Frontline Healthcare Workers
- Recipients of Home and Community Based Waiver Services
- Professional Home Care Workers
- Law Enforcement and other First Responders
- Election workers assigned to work March/April election.
For more information, visit covidvaccine.la.gov or call 211.