LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Carnival season 2023 is building to its climax with an abundance of things to do in Acadiana.
Here is a list of activities to round out the season on Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras:
Lundi Gras, Feb. 20
- Lundi Gras Boucherie, 8 a.m., Lakeview Park & Beach
- Courir des Enfants, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 210 East Bridge St., Breaux Bridge
- Krewe of Amani Parade, 2 p.m., begins at Patterson High School
- Queen Evangeline’s Parade, 6 p.m., Downtown to Cajun Field
- Krewe of Hera Parade, 7 p.m., begins on 2nd Street under La. 182 Bridge
- Krewe of Triton Parade/ Queen’s Parade, starts at Corner Bar & Pontiac Point
- Eunice Lundi Gras Boucherie
- Soileau Chicken Run, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Soileau Community Center, 422 La. 104, Oberlin
Mardi Gras, Feb. 21
- Courir de Mardi Gras & Chicken Run, 7 a.m., Northwest Community Center Pavilion, Eunice
- Tee Mamou-Iota Mardi Gras Folklife Festival, 9 a.m., Downtown Iota
- Carnival D’Acadie, 10a.m., Downtown Crowley
- King Gabriel’s Parade, 10 a.m., Downtown to Cajun Field
- Mamou Parade, 10 a.m.
- Opelousas Parade, 11 a.m., starting near Le Vieux Village Heritage Park
- Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade, 1 p.m., Downtown to Cajun Field
- Franklin Parade, 1 p.m., begins at Franklin Senior High
- Siracusaville Parade, 1 p.m., begins on Siracusa Rd.
- Krewe of Coteau Parade, 1 p.m., Francis Romero Memorial Park
- Kaplan Parade, 2 p.m.
- Krewe of Hephaestus Parade, 2 p.m., begins on the corner of Sixth and Sycamore St.
- Family Affair Parade, 2 p.m., Main St. Loreauville
- Independent Parade, 2:30 p.m., Downtown to Cajun Field
- Krewe of Hephaestus, 2 p.m., begins at Sycamore & Sixth St.
- Krewe Chic A La Pie Mardi Gras Parade, 2 p.m., Downtown Kaplan