Clothes dryer cause of Lafayette house fire - KLFY News 10

Clothes dryer cause of Lafayette house fire

Updated:
Lafayette firefighters responded to a residential fire on Sunday in the 100 block Radcliffe Drive.

Upon arrival, heavy smoke was coming from the single family dwelling. The occupants were safely outside. Firefighters entered the structure and found the laundry room with the washer and dryer on fire. The fire was quickly spreading to the adjacent rooms, but emergency crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames.

The dwelling sustained heavy fire damage to the laundry room and kitchen. The rest of the dwelling sustained heavy smoke and heat damage.The owner of the dwelling, Myra George and her two children, were home at the time of the incident. The owner stated she was doing laundry when she heard a popping sound coming from the room.

She entered the laundry room and noticed a small fire behind the dryer. She quickly called 911 and exited the house. The occupants escaped the dwelling without any injuries. 

Fire investigators determined the fire originated in the clothes dryer. The cause of the fire was ruled an accident.
Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.