Man falls asleep frying fish; house catches fire - KLFY News 10

Man falls asleep frying fish; house catches fire

Updated:

BAKER, La. (AP) - A Baker family has been displaced from their home after a man fell asleep while frying fish and the oil caught fire, burning most of the kitchen before spreading to the attic.

The Advocate reports firefighters responded about 9 p.m. Saturday and quickly controlled the fire before it spread to the rest of the home.

Baker Fire Department spokesman Howard Ward says no one was injured and the Red Cross responded to help the displaced family.

Ward says the fire caused about $10,000 in damage, and the utilities had to be disconnected from the home.

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.