Lafayette apartment fire displaces six tenants - KLFY News 10

Lafayette apartment fire displaces six tenants


Fire at a Lafayette apartment complex causes six tenants to vacate their units. American Red Cross was providing assistance to the occupants displaced.

Shortly after 9pm Saturday night, Lafayette firefighters responded to 2401 East Simcoe Street, Park Side Apartment Complex, unit # 209 for a reported fire. When emergency crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the apartment.

The fire was progressing to an adjacent unit. Firefighters were able to stop the fire's progression preventing further damages. The fire was extinguished within fifteen minutes. The fire was reported by witnesses in the complex. The fire caused heavy fire damages to the apartment. The other units had minor smoke damage. The electrical services to those units were disconnected.

The occupants, Carla Davis and Patrick Hays, were not home when the fire was reported. Hays was cooking and left the apartment. The pot was left on the stove unattended. The grease in the pot ignited and the fire spread to nearby combustibles. There apartment sustained heavy fire damage.

The cause of the fire was ruled an accident.

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.