Lafayette Parish house fire ruled accidental - KLFY News 10

Lafayette Parish house fire ruled accidental

Updated:

Firefighters from Lafayette, Carencro, and Scott Fire Departments responded to a reported house fire at 2361 Highway.

The occupants called 911 to report smoke coming from the attic. When firefighters arrived, the occupants were outside safely. The fire had vented through the roof. Firefighters were able the get the fire under control within twenty minutes. The house sustained heavy fire damage.

The occupant, Chad Phelps, was home with his girlfriend and child. They heard a loud popping sound in the attic. Shortly afterwards, smoke was coming from the air conditioning vents in the house. They called 911 and exited the house. The occupants stated that he was experiencing electrical issues earlier that day.

Lafayette fire investigators confirmed that the fire originated in the attic. The cause of the fire was most likely an electrical failure. The fire was ruled an accident.

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.