Firefighters respond to house fire on Monroe St. - KLFY News 10

Firefighters respond to house fire on Monroe St.

Updated:

Lafayette firefighters responded to a house fire in the 100 block of Monroe Street on Monday.

The occupant of the dwelling called 911 reporting that her house was on fire. When firefighters arrived, the occupant and her three kids were outside safely. Fire crews entered the dwelling and found the fire in a rear bedroom. The fire was quickly extinguished. The fire caused heavy fire damage in the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

The occupant, Katherine Bob, stated that she heard popping sounds coming from the bedroom. She entered the room and noticed the fire against the wall. She grabbed her three kids and exited the dwelling. Bob lived at the residence with her aunt, Nakeitha Francis, and her family. American Red Cross was providing assistance to the family.

Fire officials determined that the fire originated in the bedroom. The cause of the fire was due to an electrical failure. A window air conditioning unit was plugged in the receptacle where the fire started. The fire was ruled an accident.

 

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.