Issues surrounding night club resolved through joint agreement
Louisiana Office of Alcohol & Tobacco Control (ATC) Commissioner Troy Hebert announced that an agreement has been reached with a downtown Lafayette night club to resolve numerous issues stemming from the Club's operations.
ATC held a fact finding hearing in Lafayette on September 23, 2013 on allegations of public nuisance problems associated with Karma Night Club & Lounge. Based on information obtained, Commissioner Hebert ordered Karma's owners to establish terms to ensure that the nightclub will operate responsibly or face penalties up to revocation of their alcoholic beverage permit.
The terms agreed upon are:
· Karma will implement a No Smoking policy on a four month trial basis.
· All persons are prohibited from using controlled dangerous substances, such as marijuana, in the Club and a NO Drug Use policy will be provided to all employees and security personnel.
· Drinks will be served in plastic cups in lieu of glass bottles.
· Video surveillance cameras will be posted both inside and outside the Club.
· A "No Re-Entry" policy will be implemented.
· ID scanners will be utilized by security personnel working the door and other reasonable measures will be taken to prevent underage access to alcohol.
· The music from this club will be monitored closely to prevent any violations of any sound ordinances.
· Karma will retain the services of 8 to 15 security personnel based on the number of patrons anticipated.
· Bar patrons will be encouraged to utilize the side door when exiting the building at closing.
· Patrons will be requested to exit and the Club will wind down the music at 1:45am.
· Load capacity will be closely monitored by Karma's employees and approval will be obtained from the Fire Marshall before installing any interior walls.
· Before installing any interior walls, approval will be obtained from the State Fire Marshall.
· Karma will take reasonable measures to pick up the trash from the exterior of the building during and after events.
· Karma will notify the Lafayette Police Department when major artists, who could potentially draw larger crowds, are scheduled to perform at the Club.
Crowley police are investigating a vehicle burglary that occurred at Southwind Nursing and Rehabilitation, located in the 800 block of the Crowley Rayne Hwy. on March 2. Unknown suspect(s) made entryMore >>
Crowley police are investigating a vehicle burglary that occurred at Southwind Nursing and Rehabilitation, located in the 800 block of the Crowley Rayne Highway. More >>
Iberia Parish Sheriff deputies issued a warrant for Michael Augustine for second degree murder in connection to the fatal shooting in New Iberia. Authorities were called to a shooting at Sam and Ann Streets.More >>
Iberia Parish Sheriff deputies issued a warrant for Michael Augustine for second degree murder in connection to the fatal shooting in New Iberia.More >>
On March 10, 2014, Kaysie Miskell and Jason Leblanc were both arrested by the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office Narcotics Detectives. According to St. Landry Parish Sheriff Bobby J. Guidroz, "Our NarcoticMore >>
Two people have been arrested for selling crystal meth from their residence in Port Barre.More >>
5:06 AM, Monday, December 31, 2012 From Meteorologist Ben Legg in the Live Doppler 10 Weather Center: SYNOPSIS - Clouds build in for us as rain chances are back in the forecast. South winds help toMore >>
We're tracking a cold front that will move into Acadiana around daybreak, opening the door to some much cooler air for mid- to late-week. Highs will only reach the mid 60s Wednesday with gusty north winds, followed by lows in the upper 30s Thursday. We'll barely top 60° Thursday, before a warm-up kicks in for Friday and Saturday.More >>
On March 8, 2014 at approximately 6:15 p.m. the LVMPD Dispatch Center received a 911 call from a woman reporting her child had drowned in their residence located in the 7800 block of Clarkdale Drive. ArrivingMore >>
A Las Vegas woman has been charged with murder after her child was discovered dead in a bathtub.More >>
On Sunday March 09, 2014 at approximately 0325 hours Broussard Police personnel witnessed a hit and run that occurred at the intersection of US Hwy 90 and La Hwy 92 (Young St) and by the time the officerMore >>
Broussard Police investigate fatal crash that left two people dead; alcohol is considered to be a factor.More >>
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Rapper Lil Boosie says serving prison time in a Louisiana prison was life changing and it's made him a better person and ultimately, he hopes, a better artist. Lil Boosie, whose realMore >>
Rapper Lil Boosie says serving prison time in a Louisiana prison was life changing and it's made him a better person and ultimately, he hopes, a better artist.More >>
An accident near Highway 14 and Highway 90 resulted in a vehicle catching fire. Authorities say a Ford F-150 pickup was heading east toward Delcambre when it ran a red light and hit a two door HondaMore >>
An accident near Highway 14 and Highway 90 resulted in a vehicle catching fire.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- In an age when people assume that any bit of information is just a click away, the thought that a jetliner could simply disappear over the ocean for more than two days isMore >>
In an age when people assume that any bit of information is just a click away, the thought that a jetliner could simply disappear over the ocean for more than two days is staggering.More >>