House Fire in Lafayette Parish Injuries Man - KLFY News 10

House Fire in Lafayette Parish Injuries Man

Posted:

On February 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Scott Fire Department responded to a residential fire, located at 200 French Court, in the Ossun area.

Upon arrival, units observed smoke emitting from the home, with a male subject under the carport with burns to his hands and arms. Initial crews made entry into the structure and attic area to extinguish a small fire in the kitchen area, which spread into the attic.

The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the area of origin, with minimal damage to the remaining structure.

An investigation of the incident revealed the fire to be accidental in nature. The male was cooking, igniting a grease fire. In an effort to extinguish the fire, the male sustained second and third degree burns to his hands and arms. His younger brother ran to the neighbors to inform them of the situation and call 911.

The burn victim was transported to Lourdes Burn Center for treatment.

Units from Carencro and Duson responded to assist.

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.