2013 Subway Get Fit Team and Individual Weight Loss Challenge
Get Fit Challenge, sponsored by SUBWAY MARKET 115, CAJUN FITNESS, AND KLFY-TV10.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Who Is Eligible? Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Get Fit Challenge (the "Challenge") is open to legal residents of the State of Louisiana, 18 years of age or older at time of registration. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. To be eligible to enter the Challenge, you must be healthy enough to participate in a rigorous exercise program, and must be free of any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental conditions that would limit or prevent you from participating in the Challenge. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting or theater organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, may not participate in the Challenge if such participation would require Sponsors to pay such Participant a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Challenge event. Any entrant that undergoes any of the following surgical or medical procedures or weight reducing procedures like them after submitting an application will be disqualified: Gastric bypass (must have been done one year prior to application), liposuction, breast reduction or any other weight reducing surgical procedure. You may not win the Challenge if you have used Ephedrine, laxatives, diuretics, metabolic enhancers, steroids, or anything else during the Contest that will or could have the possibility of affecting the rate of weight loss or any strength-enhancing prescription drugs or medications, unless prescribed by a physician to treat a pre-existing medical condition.
2. How Do I Enter? Team registration will begin on January 21, 2013 and end on February 22, 2013. A registration fee of $50 per person will be charged and must be paid at registration. All fees not paid by the team ($250) prior to February 1st will result in that team being ineligible to compete in the Challenge. ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE. Each team member must complete an application. Each team must have a designated team leader. Team leaders must contact a Cajun Fitness location (Rayne, Eunice, Opelousas or Youngsville) to enter their team into the Challenge. Each team must consist of 5 team members. The team (all 5) must complete the contest in its entirety. No substitute team members will be allowed after the start of the contest and all non members will receive a temporary 8 week guest pass to Cajun Fitness. The temporary guest pass will allow participants access to a Cajun Fitness location during staffed hours of operation. All participants will receive a $25 Subway cash card.
**All winners will be verified before announcement that they have won a prize. All team members must wear workout clothes to initial and final weigh in. The clothes are subject to Sponsors' sole approval.
3. Contest Dates:
Team registration January 21, 2013 – February 22, 2013
Team initial weigh in February 18, 2013 – February 22, 2013
Contest starts February 25, 2013
February 25, 2013 – Team orientation
Contest ends April 22, 2013
Final weigh in April 22, 2013 – April 26, 2013
April 29, 2013 - Announcement of Team Biggest Loser and Individual Biggest Loser
All applications must include a current clothed full body photo. In the event that individual photo is not attached to application, application may be disqualified. Submitted photographs will become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Failure to provide the required photographs and documents may, in Sponsors' sole discretion, result in disqualification. Participants may be required to submit to a background check, provide Sponsors with their driver's licenses (or other government-issued photo IDs) prior to being named as a finalist. Subject to the verification of eligibility, the signing of a Participant Release, availability on the required dates, and compliance with all other terms of these Official Rules including a back ground check, if necessary, each Finalist will be declared a Winner. If a Finalist is unwilling or unable to submit to a background check, sign a Participant Release or be available on the required Challenge dates, or if a Finalist fails the background check in the sole judgment of the Sponsors or is otherwise determined by Sponsors to be ineligible under these Official Rules, he or she will be disqualified and all points earned in the challenge will be removed from the final point standings for their respective team. In the event of a team or individual disqualification, the next highest weight loss percentage (team or individual) will be awarded the next highest place finish.
3. Selection of Team and Individual Winners. There will be four (4) prizes awarded: One (1) prize will be awarded to the winning team. Three (3) prizes will be awarded to the individual winner who lost the largest percentage of weight. The winning team members will share $5000 in cash and each team member will receive a $100 Subway cash card. First place Individual winners will receive $5000 in cash and a Subway $500 cash card. 2nd Place Individual winner will receive a free Year Membership to Cajun Fitness. 3rd Place Individual winner will receive a free Six Month Membership to Cajun Fitness. **Winners will be determined by the highest percentage of starting weight lost and not by number of pounds. All of the above will be verified before winners are announced.
4. What Do Participants Have To Do To Complete The Challenge? The 2013 Subway team and individual Get Fit Challenge will have an initial team weigh-in which must be completed the week of February 18, 2013 – February 22, 2013. The initial weigh-in will consist of a weigh-in on a designated scale. The final weigh-in will consist of a weigh-in on a designated scale. BOTH INITIAL WEIGH-IN AND FINAL WEIGH-IN MUST BE ADMINISTERED BY ASSIGNED TEAM LEADER AT EACH CAJUN FITNESS LOCATION. CONTESTANTS MUST WEIGH-IN WEARING WORKOUT CLOTHES WHICH ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVE BY SPONSORS.
5. Prize eligibility requirements. In order to be eligible for any prizes, each team member must weigh-in each week during the Contest (together or individually). All participants must check into the club by scanning in their contest card electronically. Minimum of 1 team member from each team must attend the team orientation, all team members are welcome. Team orientation will be held on February 25, 2013. Attend weekly weigh-in with qualified staff member. Each team member is required to complete a total of 24 workouts OR a Subway proof of purchase including a minimum of 8 group Fitness Classes.
6. General Requirements. A) To remain eligible throughout the Challenge, Participants must satisfy all of the Challenge Requirements detailed in Section 3, above, including the possibility of participating in on-camera interviews once a month with KLFY TV10, updating the Subway Get Fit Challenge Face Book page at least once a week, meeting with the Participant's assigned Team leader according to agreed upon schedule. Participants also must provide reasonable access to a KLFY-TV10 production crew at home, at work and/or at the gym to permit KLFY-TV10 to film and document their efforts and progress. B) Finalists must agree to participate in a final on-camera evaluation at KLFY studios or Cajun Fitness to assess their progress toward meeting their Personal Goals. Participants may be required to submit to a blood chemistry analysis conducted by Participant's own physician, to be compared against their initial baseline blood work. Participants also must, at the request of KLFY TV10, participate in a final interview, which will be aired on Fitness First or Passé Partout programs. Sponsors have no obligation to include each Participant's footage in, or feature each Participant in, the Introductory Show, the Mid-Term Show, Final interview or any other on-air segments relating to the Challenge. Except as otherwise specifically set forth in these Official Rules, Participants are responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to participation in the Challenge, including but not limited to transportation to and from Challenge events and any parking expenses related to attendance at a Challenge event. Sponsors may disqualify any Participant if, in its sole discretion, it determines that further participation may be detrimental to the Participant's health. Such disqualification may occur, for example, if Sponsors determines that a Participant's weight loss is too extreme, or is accomplished through any means that is detrimental to the Participant's short-term or long-term health. Sponsors also reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that fails to comply with the Challenge Requirements or any other requirements set forth in these Official Rules, or with any other instructions or requirements communicated to the Participant by Sponsors. In addition, Sponsors may terminate any Participant's participation in the Challenge for editorial, legal, business or other reasons, including, but not limited to, Sponsors' reasonable determination that a Participant is not committed to the Challenge. With respect to family Participants, the disqualification of one participating family member will result in the disqualification of the entire family. C) Promotional Appearances. Participants in the Challenge may be required to make a limited number of advertising and promotional appearances organized by Sponsors during and for 5 months after the Challenge. Sponsors will provide Participants with reasonable notice of any such required or requested appearances. During the Challenge and for twelve (12) months following the end of the Challenge, Participants may not (I) endorse any quick service restaurant, hospital or fitness center other than Subway Restaurants® or Cajun Fitness; (make any disparaging statement(s) about the Challenge, KLFY-TV10, Subway Restaurants® or Cajun Fitness make any media or promotional appearances on, or grant any interviews to, any newspapers, radio stations, television stations or other media outlets not approved in advance by Sponsors. D) Publicity Release. You acknowledge and agree that certain Challenge events and activities, including Challenge registration events, telephone interviews, call-back interviews, evaluations, and other activities, may be videotaped or otherwise recorded by Sponsors. By entering the Challenge, you agree to the use by KLFY-TV10 and any other Challenge Sponsors of any such videotaped and recorded materials, and of your voice, actions, likeness, photograph, name, appearance, interviews, evaluations, biographical materials, and any other information contained in, derived from or otherwise obtained by Sponsors in connection with your Application Form, in connection with your attendance at or participation in any Challenge event or activity, or in any materials submitted by you in connection with this Challenge, and you agree that KLFY-TV10 and other Challenge Sponsors shall have the right to broadcast, display, or otherwise use, and to edit, alter, or modify, any such materials and/or information in any way they see fit, and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to you. Each applicant grants the rights set forth in this Section whether or not selected to participate in the Challenge as a Semi-Finalist, Finalist or Participant. All Application Forms and all other materials submitted by you in connection with the Challenge shall become the exclusive property of Sponsors and may be used by Sponsors in their sole discretion in any manner or form in any media without restriction, condition or obligation of any type, and you voluntarily transfer to Sponsors all right, title, and interest, including all copyright rights, in and to all such materials.
7. Liability Release. Sponsors strongly recommend that all Participants obtain medical advice before beginning any diet or exercise program. By submitting an Application Form, you agree to assume all risks related to your participation in the Challenge or in any Challenge event or activity, and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, acquit, and forever discharge KLFY-TV10 and all other Challenge Sponsors, and each of their respective owners, stockholders, predecessors, successors, assigns, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, attorneys, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parents, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, from any and all charges, complaints, claims, liabilities, obligations, promises, damages, causes of action, rights, demands, costs, lawsuits, debts and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and costs actually incurred of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, arising from any activity related to you or your family members' participation in the Challenge or any Challenge event or activity.
8. Reservation of Rights. By submitting an Application Form, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors and the Challenge judges appointed by Sponsors, whose decisions regarding all aspects of the Challenge shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website. Any violation of these Official Rules or any conduct, behavior, or statement (whether or not in connection with the Challenge) of any participant that will bring such person or the Sponsors into disrepute or create a material negative association with or perception of Sponsors (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) will result in such person's disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Challenge as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Challenge is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Challenge, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Challenge.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Applicable Law. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering; all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Louisiana. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Winners List. For an Official Winners List (available after 4/10/2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "2013 Subway Get Fit Team and Individual Point Loss Challenge" Contest - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Ashley Wohlford, 640 N Peninsula Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 All requests must be received by 5/1/2013. Official Rules also available at www.klfy.com.
12. Sponsors. The Get Fit Challenge is sponsored by Subway Market 115, Cajun Fitness, and KLFY-TV10. The decisions of Sponsors and the Challenge judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Challenge shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Challenge. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.klfy.com.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2013 SUBWAY is a registered trademark of Doctor's Associates Inc. © 2013 Doctor's Associates Inc.
All rights reserved.