No Injuries in Patterson Street Fire - KLFY News 10

No Injuries in Patterson Street Fire


Investigators with the Lafayette Fire Department say an electrical shortage may be to blame for an early morning house located at 713 Patterson Street.

The fire happened around 7:00 AM Sunday. Firefighters got the call after the home owner was awakened by a loud noise and smoke. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control within five to ten minutes.

The inside of the house took heavy fire and smoke damage, but there were no injuries. Fire investigators determined that the fire started after a short in an extension cord in the living room.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLFY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.