Assumption Sinkhole Update - KLFY News 10

Assumption Sinkhole Update

Posted:

Texas Brine Company, believed to have caused the 8 and half acre sinkhole in Assumption Parish, has been given orders by the Louisiana Office of Conservation to assess the state of sediments under the sinkhole, prompting the company to withdraw the lawsuit filed last month.

The state agency and Houston based company were set for a hearing at 9:00 AM Tuesday in Baton Rouge.

Texas Brine spokesman Sonny Cranch says the company's December 28th lawsuit was withdrawn as a result of the amended order released Monday.

About 150 households in Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou have been evacuated since august 3rd of last year when the sinkhole was discovered

 


Assumption Sinkhole Plan

The Louisiana Office of Conservation has modified orders requiring Texas Brine Co. LLC to assess the status of sediments under an 8.5-acre sinkhole in northern Assumption Parish, prompting the company to withdraw a lawsuit filed last month against the state.  The state agency and the Houston-based company were set for a hearing at 9 a.m. Tuesday before state District Judge Wilson Fields in Baton Rouge. Texas Brine spokesman Sonny Cranch says the company's Dec. 28 lawsuit was withdrawn as a result of the amended order released Monday.  About 150 households in Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou have been evacuated since Aug. 3, the day the sinkhole was discovered.

Powered by WorldNow

1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Lafayette LA 70509

Telephone: 337.981.4823
Fax: 337.984.8323
Email: tip10@klfy.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.