Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. OHIO IS FOCUS OF CAMPAIGN IN FINAL LAP
At the end of a tight race, Obama and Romney narrow the field to the Buckeye state and a few others.
2. SENATE CONTROL COULD COME DOWN TO MAINE
Independent candidate Angus King refuses to say which party he would side with if he won the state's Senate seat.
3. NYC REGION BRACES FOR POST-SANDY COMMUTE
Gridlock, gas shortage and mass transit disruption threaten motorists and students returning to school after the superstorm.
4. HOW ISRAEL'S SECURITY HEADS HALTED IRAN ATTACK ALERT IN 2010
Television broadcast claims Netanyahu ordered the military to go on alert to prepare for Tehran attack only to be opposed by top officials.
5. WHAT THE CHINESE THINK OF US ELECTION
Some envy Americans as they draw parallels between U.S. vote and Beijing's imminent power transfer.
6. CHILD MAULED AT PITTSBURGH ZOO
The 2-year-old boy dies after falling about 11 feet into an exhibit and getting attacked by African painted dogs, zoo officials say.
7. US SOLDIER FACES HEARING IN AFGHANISTAN MASSACRE
Prosecutors will lay out their case in the killing of 16 Afghan civilians last March.
8. `I DO?' OPPOSITION DOGS FRENCH GAY MARRIAGE PLANS
As President Hollande is set to unveil his `marriage for everyone' draft law, support is wavering in this Catholic country.
9. WHY APPLE PAID 1.9 PERCENT TAX ON FOREIGN EARNINGS
The tech giant shifted profits to countries with low rates to minimize its bill in the latest fiscal year, a technique also used by other multinational corporations.
10. SANDY'S LATEST CASUALTY? NEW YORK BREWERIES
Surges of saltwater, power outages and distribution problems deal a blow to the state's thriving beer industry.
1808 Eraste Landry Rd, PO Box 90665,
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Louisiana, Inc. A Media General Company.