Scott House Fire - KLFY News 10

Scott House Fire

Posted:

On October 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Scott Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire located at 212 Georgine Street, in the Scott area. Upon arrival, units observed a home with heavy smoke venting throughout the structure.  Initial crews made entry into the home in an effort to extinguish the fire. The fire was quickly brought under control at 7:17 PM. Major fire damage was isolated to the bedroom room area.  An investigation of the incident revealed the fire to be accidental in nature. Residents improperly discarded a cigarette in the bedroom, which smoldered, eventually igniting some continents inside the room. The fire spread throughout the room quickly, however firefighters were able to contain the fire to the room of origin.  Both homeowners (husband and wife) were home at the time of the incident and able to escape without injury.   Units from Duson and Judice responded to assist.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KLFY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.